By Meda Chesney-Lind,Katherine Irwin
Read Online or Download Beyond Bad Girls: Gender, Violence and Hype PDF
Best gender studies books
This ebook investigates efforts via fathers' rights teams to undermine battered women's shelters and providers, within the context of the backlash opposed to feminism. Dragiewicz examines the lawsuit sales space v. Hvass, within which fathers' rights teams tried to take advantage of an equivalent safeguard declare to argue that investment emergency companies that focus on battered ladies is discriminatory opposed to males.
From its first book in 1992, males, girls, and Chain Saws has provided a groundbreaking viewpoint at the creativity and impression of horror cinema because the mid-1970s. Investigating the recognition of the low-priced culture, Carol Clover seems to be specifically at slasher, occult, and rape-revenge motion pictures.
Heroines of the Qing introduces an array of chinese language girls from the eighteenth and 19th centuries who have been robust, lively topics in their personal lives and who wrote themselves because the heroines in their exemplary tales. usually, �exemplary ladies� (lienu)�heroic martyrs, chaste widows, and devoted maidens, for example�were written into reputable dynastic histories for his or her unrelenting adherence to woman advantage through Confucian relations criteria.
Impaired our bodies, Gendered Lives: daily Realities of Disabled ladies explores the intersections of gender and incapacity. Situating disabled ladies of their neighborhood contexts and utilizing an ethnographic process, this e-book additionally offers a evaluate of empirical literature on disabled ladies, either globally and in India.
- Handbuch zur Gleichstellungspolitik an Hochschulen: Von der Frauenförderung zum Diversity Management? (German Edition)
- The SAGE Handbook of Feminist Theory
- Teaching Gender: Feminist Pedagogy and Responsibility in Times of Political Crisis
- Bi Any Other Name: Bisexual People Speak Out
- Sexuality and New Religious Movements (Palgrave Studies in New Religions and Alternative Spiritualities)
- Gender, Race and Religion: Intersections and Challenges (Ethnic and Racial Studies)
Extra info for Beyond Bad Girls: Gender, Violence and Hype
Beyond Bad Girls: Gender, Violence and Hype by Meda Chesney-Lind,Katherine Irwin