By Vesna Drapac
This approachable research additionally explores key topics and debates, including:
• where of the countryside in the worldview of nineteenth-century intellectuals
• the reminiscence of conflict and commemorative practices within the interwar years
• resistance and collaboration
• the character of dictatorships
• gender and citizenship
• Yugoslavia's position from the point of view of the 'Superpowers'.
Drawing on quite a lot of assets so as to recreate the ambience of the interval, Constructing Yugoslavia lines the formation of well known perceptions of Yugoslavia and their impression on coverage towards Yugoslavs. it really is crucial interpreting for someone with an curiosity within the background of this attention-grabbing kingdom, and its final demise.
Read or Download Constructing Yugoslavia: A Transnational History (European Studies Series) PDF
Best world history books
Gabriel Raspe's photos of the Polish military in 1775 is among the earliest and whole representations of the Polish military within the eighteenth century. for nearly 2 hundred years this entire paintings has now not been available, yet Winged Hussar has edited this translation of the book making it on hand to scholars and fans
How conflict has been remembered jointly is the critical query during this quantity. conflict within the 20th century is a shiny and tense phenomenon which left at the back of it survivors who have interaction time and time back in acts of remembrance. This quantity, containing essays by way of notable students of twentieth-century heritage, specializes in the problems raised by means of the shadow of battle during this century.
This is often the mind-blowing tale of HMS bet, pushed ashore in foul climate onto the inhospitable coast of Patagonian Chile in 1741. Shipwreck was once by way of homicide, hunger, mutiny, and the anxious ordeal of 36 survivors out of approximately one hundred forty males. a few have been enslaved, a few defected; many drowned. The captain shot one among his officials.
In keeping with archival and first resources in Persian, Hebrew, Judeo-Persian, Arabic, and ecu languages, among Foreigners and Shi'is examines the Jews' spiritual, social, and political prestige in nineteenth-century Iran. This booklet, which specializes in Nasir al-Din Shah's reign (1848-1896), is the 1st entire scholarly try to weave a majority of these threads right into a unmarried tapestry.
- The Voyage of George Vancouver, 1791–1795: Volume 3
- Bright Gem of the Western Seas: California, 1846-1852 : Early Recollections of the Mines, Tulare Plains, Life in California : A Report of the Tulare
- Fire Island (Images of Modern America)
- Interpreting American History: Reconstruction
- Women, Warfare and Representation: American Servicewomen in the Twentieth Century (War, Culture and Society)
- Expedition into Empire: Exploratory Journeys and the Making of the Modern World (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
Additional info for Constructing Yugoslavia: A Transnational History (European Studies Series)
Constructing Yugoslavia: A Transnational History (European Studies Series) by Vesna Drapac