By Christina Holmes
Read Online or Download Ecological Borderlands: Body, Nature, and Spirit in Chicana Feminism (NWSA / UIP First Book Prize) PDF
Similar gender studies books
This publication investigates efforts by way of fathers' rights teams to undermine battered women's shelters and providers, within the context of the backlash opposed to feminism. Dragiewicz examines the lawsuit sales space v. Hvass, during which fathers' rights teams tried to take advantage of an equivalent defense declare to argue that investment emergency providers that focus on battered ladies is discriminatory opposed to males.
From its first e-book in 1992, males, ladies, and Chain Saws has provided a groundbreaking standpoint at the creativity and effect of horror cinema because the mid-1970s. Investigating the recognition of the low cost culture, Carol Clover seems to be specifically at slasher, occult, and rape-revenge movies.
Heroines of the Qing introduces an array of chinese language girls from the eighteenth and 19th centuries who have been strong, energetic topics in their personal lives and who wrote themselves because the heroines in their exemplary tales. frequently, �exemplary ladies� (lienu)�heroic martyrs, chaste widows, and devoted maidens, for example�were written into authentic dynastic histories for his or her unrelenting adherence to girl advantage via Confucian family members criteria.
Impaired our bodies, Gendered Lives: daily Realities of Disabled ladies explores the intersections of gender and incapacity. Situating disabled girls of their neighborhood contexts and utilizing an ethnographic strategy, this publication additionally presents a assessment of empirical literature on disabled ladies, either globally and in India.
- Foodscapes of Contemporary Japanese Women Writers: An Ecocritical Journey around the Hearth of Modernity (Literatures, Cultures, and the Environment)
- Gender, Morality, and Race in Company India, 1765-1858
- Human Exhibitions: Race, Gender and Sexuality in Ethnic Displays (Studies in Migration and Diaspora)
- Theory on the Edge: Irish Studies and the Politics of Sexual Difference (Breaking Feminist Waves)
- The Gender Knot: Unraveling Our Patriarchal Legacy
- Intersections of Gender, Religion and Ethnicity in the Middle Ages (Genders and Sexualities in History)
Extra resources for Ecological Borderlands: Body, Nature, and Spirit in Chicana Feminism (NWSA / UIP First Book Prize)
Ecological Borderlands: Body, Nature, and Spirit in Chicana Feminism (NWSA / UIP First Book Prize) by Christina Holmes