By Dr Roy Douglas,Roy Douglas
Read or Download Great Nations Still Enchained: The Cartoonists' Vision of Empire 1848-1914 PDF
Best world history books
Gabriel Raspe's pics of the Polish military in 1775 is among the earliest and whole representations of the Polish military within the eighteenth century. for nearly 2 hundred years this whole paintings has now not been on hand, yet Winged Hussar has edited this translation of the booklet making it to be had to scholars and lovers
How warfare has been remembered jointly is the important query during this quantity. struggle within the 20th century is a vibrant and irritating phenomenon which left in the back of it survivors who interact time and time back in acts of remembrance. This quantity, containing essays by way of striking students of twentieth-century heritage, specializes in the problems raised by way of the shadow of battle during this century.
This can be the astonishing tale of HMS bet, pushed ashore in foul climate onto the inhospitable coast of Patagonian Chile in 1741. Shipwreck was once by way of homicide, hunger, mutiny, and the apprehensive ordeal of 36 survivors out of approximately a hundred and forty males. a few have been enslaved, a few defected; many drowned. The captain shot one among his officials.
In keeping with archival and first assets in Persian, Hebrew, Judeo-Persian, Arabic, and eu languages, among Foreigners and Shi'is examines the Jews' non secular, social, and political prestige in nineteenth-century Iran. This e-book, which specializes in Nasir al-Din Shah's reign (1848-1896), is the 1st finished scholarly try to weave these kinds of threads right into a unmarried tapestry.
- The Shadows of Total War: Europe, East Asia, and the United States, 1919–1939 (Publications of the German Historical Institute)
- Creole Subjects in the Colonial Americas: Empires, Texts, Identities (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- War for the Every Day: Generals, Knowledge, and Warfare in Early Modern Europe, 1680-1740 (Contributions in Military Studies)
- Reinventing Warfare 1914-18: Novel Munitions and Tactics of Trench Warfare (Bloomsbury Studies in Military History)
- The Routledge Companion to World History since 1914 (Routledge Companions to History)
- Meeting Places: Scientific Congresses and Urban Identity in Victorian Britain (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700–1945)
Extra resources for Great Nations Still Enchained: The Cartoonists' Vision of Empire 1848-1914
Great Nations Still Enchained: The Cartoonists' Vision of Empire 1848-1914 by Dr Roy Douglas,Roy Douglas