By Fr. Maurice Emelu
There is one commonality between each saint: all of them have deep religion in God that was once lived out of their day-by-day lives. Fr. Maurice Emelu explains the following how the religion of Abraham, Moses, Mary, and different biblical figures developed, and the way their trip serves as a roadmap for the way our faith-life might be outfitted, nourished, and grown.
Drawing on his West African roots in addition to his a long time of pastoral ministry, Fr. Emelu combines the story-telling tradition of Africa with a Western worldview to supply a distinct standpoint at the nature of religion and what it ability to develop toward the Lord.
Theological but useful, those pages exhibit you what the adventure of religion appears like, and explains the basic components to a lifetime of religion that can rework not just lives, yet society itself. You’ll additionally learn:
- The 4 major levels of each person’s trip of faith
- How you could develop from the user-friendly types of divine awareness to deeper information of God
- How the adventure of religion proceeds from the easy to the complicated, and from the recognized to the unknown
- How religion is vital for knowing fact and entirely figuring out the reward of reason
- Why Abraham and the Blessed mom are the simplest types for dwelling out God’s will
- The numerous kinds of doubt which could harm – or even aid – our courting with the Lord
- Ways within which religion can holiday the bounds of worry and pride
- How religion is a resource of harmony no longer department between peoples
Faith isn't really an individual’s inner most dominion. it's the center of our id as non secular beings. learn this e-book, and you'll not just deepen your individual religion in God, you'll advance a better appreciation of the reworking strength of faith.
Read Online or Download Our Journey to God PDF
Best christian reference_1 books
This nonfiction advisor recounts the occasions to stick with for the top occasions, and what the writer realized via visions from God. The e-book is a needs to for everyone, the younger, the outdated of all social sessions, races, colours, despite their religion, trust, or faith. The e-book isn't really approximately theology, doctrines or faith.
Is the realm going to hell in a handbasket? Is ours the iteration that may be left at the back of? Are international occasions harbingers of the good tribulation? Such questions advertise a terror and anxiousness that's opposite to the hope-filled gospel of Jesus Christ. In AD70 and the tip of the area, Dr. Paul Ellis bargains another, gospel-based standpoint of the final days.
1 Samuel is the start of 1 of the main attention-grabbing tales in Scripture, the reign of King David. 1 Samuel is the backstory in the back of David, giving us the background of Israel within the iteration earlier than David grew to become King. I Samuel is needed studying if you would like to be inspired through God utilizing average humans to complete impressive issues.
Abba Anthony, a semi-eremitical monk in Northeast Montana speaks from years of thinking about the issues of God within the writings of Saint John. this is an outline of the Grace and Mercy of the Lord within the phrases of God via John the cherished apostle.
- How Can I Believe What Can't Be Believed? (Genesis 1–3): Questions for a Logical Mind
- Memories of Asaph: Mnemohistory and the Psalms of Asaph (Emerging Scholars)
- Acts: A Theological Commentary on the Bible (Belief: a Theological Commentary on the Bible)
- Basics of Greek Accents: Eight Lessons with Exercises
Extra info for Our Journey to God
Our Journey to God by Fr. Maurice Emelu